We killed the BEAST.
Or at least one of them. Just as I had assumed last time, the BEASTS (a.k.a the killer RATS) did not disappear. They were just waiting for the right moment to strike again. And they did. But they definitely picked the wrong moment and the wrong person to mess with, and they inevitably had to die. As it was all very dramatic and happened so quickly, let’s recap the event, hour by hour, scream by scream.
Sunday, 12 PM
- It has been several days since the last sightings of the killer RATS and we are expecting guests. So for the sake of being a good host, and mostly because I am really embarrassed of how awful our bathroom smells, I set out to buy cleaning utensils.
- One hour of painful bleach scrubbing later, the killer RAT smell in the bathroom seems to dissipate. Victory!
Sunday, 6 PM
- The guests arrive, the mood is merry and the RATS are nowhere to be seen.
Monday early morning, 1.30 AM
- I am about to head to bed. I walk into the bathroom to brush my teeth when I am taken aback by a very familiar SMELL. “Oh noooo! They’re back. Just after I cleaned everything.” I turn on the light.
- And I see IT: black, giant and staring at me with glowing red eyes. It is the KILLER RAT.
- I scream and scream and scream (I never knew I had that type of scream in me, so if there are any horror movie directors out there reading this, hit me up!), and run out of the bathroom.
- Sam, our French roommate and a friend that is still at the house come running downstairs. Unable to move, I point towards the bathroom. All I can say is: RAT.
- The boys take a good look at the RAT that for some reason seems to be in total shock. It just sits there, in our shower, glaring at us (well, at them, as I am still staying at a safe distance).
- While Sam runs upstairs to get a camera, the French roommate and our friend debate what to do. “Kill it!!!!!”, I scream. “Not yet! Wait until I get the camera,” shouts Sam. Seriously, in a life or death situation he is really thinking about the best shot?!
- The decision has been made. Our friend runs to grab a broom stick and all I can see from my secure spot is a shocked French roommate. The only sound in the house now is he stick hitting the tiles of the bathroom floor.
- “Wait, wait, get out of the way. Let me get a picture first!” This is Sam, still worried about capturing this moment for eternity.
- By now it feels safe enough to look into the bathroom myself. And there it is. Still black and giant, but with its eyes closed now. In a puddle of blood. It is not quite dead yet, still struggling in agony. One final blow and it is destroyed.
- We killed the BEAST – and we even have pictures of it!
Several days later:
- The BEAST is dead, but are there more?
- When will they attack again?
- When will I be able to go into the bathroom, without sending Sam first to make sure there is no more evil RAT waiting for me?
- When will this all finally be over???
To be continued…