After 2.5 years in Chile it’s time for me to conquer new territories and discover new amazing places in this world! Where am I going? Probably Brazil. What will I be doing there? Hopefully working and enjoying life (or the other way around???). As exciting these plans are, at the same time, they mean that it’s time to say goodbye to a country that was my home for a really long time. Chile will always have a special place in my heart. I have met so many wonderful people here and I will miss every single one of them! Talking to a friend who is also about to leave Chile, it occurred to me that apart from that it’s also the many little details, the little things, that made you feel at home – that you will miss.
Therefore, this blog goes out to the little Chilean things that I will miss:
– The Chilean accent (obvio-po)
– The WONDERFUL café and its cheesecakes
– Bandera street and all its second-hand stores
– Chilean wine
– Playing some random song by Americo and have 20 people on the street sing and dance along
– My conserje, Don René, whose toothless smile greeted me every morning
– The mountains after a rainy day
– Valparaíso, mi amor
and many many more …
Gracias chile y gracias a todos los Chilenos como a toda la gente maravillosa que conocí acá! Gracias por los tiempos lindos que he pasado con ustedes. Los voy a extrañar MUCHO, pero nunca los voy a olvidar!